ICS believes in providing clients with the best products and services and is always keen to embrace new technologies. Green roof systems are our latest offering. Here are some of the many financial and environment benefits:
- Aids insulation during the colder months reducing heating costs
- Reduces cooling loads in the warmer months
- Filters pollutants and carbon dioxide lowering the carbon footprint as well as cleaning the air
- Provides sound insulation
- Helps to control water in areas of flash flooding
- Can be used as a filtration method capturing run-off water for re-use
- Creates an attractive, natural habitat which increases the biodiversity of wildlife
- Increases the life of the roof considerably and may increase property values
Also worth noting is that some UK councils will not pass building permission unless a percentage of the roof is green.
ICS is pleased to be able to offer a range of Grufe products and systems that are designed with two primary aims - longevity and sustainability.
The diagram below shows the FabriGrufe system illustrating the drainage layer, drainage material (if required), membrane and substrate soil which we will install. A choice of vegetation is available.
Current Featured Project
Project: London Cross Rail
Project Description: Industrial Construction (Sussex) Limited recently completed a very successful project for Vinci working on the Victoria Docks Portal section of the London Cross Rail project. Our work involved fixing MBK terracotta baguettes in wave pattern using seven different colours onto trespa panel.
One of the significant challenges of this project was working from track mounted MEWPs, utilising allocated track hours and working very close to the DLR train line.
All materials for this project were from ISO approved suppliers.